OTTERMAN AND ALLEN, P.C.
Vermont Attorneys at Law
click on a link for more information:
Harvey "Bud" Otterman
Adrian A. Otterman
Adrian A. Otterman, Esq.
Adrian Otterman is a Martindale-Hubble AV-Rated attorney, practicing in the fields of Probate Litigation, Estate Planning, Estate Settlement, Guardianships, and related litigation. He also serves in the capacity of an executor, administrator, financial guardian and as a trustee.
Adrian is a ninth generation Vermonter and third generation Vermont attorney. He graduated with honors from Websterville Baptist High School in 1992 and attended Villanova University, in Philadelphia, PA. While at Villanova, Adrian performed with and eventually led "Whiskey Company", a nationally renowned silent drill team. During his four years at Villanova, Whiskey Company was unbeaten. Adrian was also named a member of "Who's Who of American College Students".
After receiving a B.A. in Political Science from Villanova in 1996, Adrian was commissioned as a 2ndLt. in the U.S. Marine Corps. Following Basic Infantry School and Naval Intelligence School, he was designated an Aviation Intelligence Officer, in which field he attained the rank of Captain. Adrian's intelligence related work revolved around the gathering and analysis of information regarding North Korea's military and aviation capabilities. His work for the commanding general of the 3rd Marine Air Wing earned him a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.
Following his service in the Marine Corps, Adrian received his J.D. at Vermont Law School. He was admitted to the Vermont Bar in 2003 and the Federal District Court in 2005. During the 2004 and 2005 legislative sessions, Adrian served as an Assistant Clerk in the Vermont House of Representatives. He is currently the Town Moderator in Orange, Vermont.
Adrian is married to the former Heidi Strasser of Sarliensbach, Austria. Together, they have two children.
Sample Probate Litigation:
- Successfully removing and surcharging a negligent Executor (appeal to Superior Court). In Re Brown Estate.
- Successfully defending an estate from Medicaid recovery, even when the property did not pass to lineal heirs. In Re Straw Estate.
- Successfully forcing a Trustee to increase trust distributions for the benefit of his stepmother. In Re Knapp Trust.
- Successfully defending Trustees from attempted removal by their Stepmother / Income beneficiary. In Re Giudici Trust.
- Successfully defending a ward against his financial guardian's attempt to assume full guardian's powers (appeal to Superior Court). In Re Botz.
- Successfully tracking down an Administrator who embezzled from an estate and assisting with recovery for beneficiaries. Austin Estate.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement between heirs of decedent and decedent's foreign "mail order" bride. In Re Aiken Estate.
- Successfully removing and surcharging an Administrator (appeal to Superior Court). In Re McLeod Estate.
- Successfully voiding an attempted transfer of real estate between Ward and Guardian. In Re Hill Guardianship.
- Successfully preventing the allowance of a Will obtained as a result of undue influence. In Re Hill Estate.
- Will Challenges / Trustee Removal / Guardianship Accountings / Modification of Trust Terms / Trust Administration.
Representative Estate Planning:
- The formation of Family Limited Partnerships and Wills for clients with a net worth of approximately $6 million.
- Generation Skipping Transfer Dynasty Trust and Will for client with net worth of approximately $10 million.
- Testamentary Children's Trusts for clients with net worth of approximately $3 million.
- Marital Trusts and Wills for clients with a net worth of approximately $18 million.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust to hold income producing properties.
- The preparation of simple Wills and Powers of Attorney for all clients.
- The formation of Limited Liability Companies.
- Special Needs Trusts.
- Wills / Trusts / Powers of Attorney / Advance Directives / Family Limited Partnerships / Limited Liability Companies.
Representative Estate Settlement:
Adrian represents Executors, Trustees and Fiduciaries, assisting them with the administration of estates or trusts. Adrian also serves in the capacity of an Administrator or Special Administrator for difficult to administer estates.
When he is not practicing law, Adrian can be found puttering in the greenhouse or in his recording studio, working on the next album! www.OverOrangeHeights.com
David A. Otterman